Saturday, January 20, 2018

QUOTE FROM A lA ACTOR AND DIRECTOR

IN MY OPINION:
WILLIAM REYNOLDS.

QUOTE FROM A lA ACTOR AND DIRECTOR



Even though I am an actor, I can see why so many casting people get annoyed with us.

I'm casting for my next film and I scheduled an audition with a male actor. First the time was set, but then he texted me after midnight to ask if we could change the time because he didn't want to come to my audition and then have to hang out in Hollywood for a few hours before he went to his next audition. He wanted to do them back to back. I told him no and tried to reschedule him for the next day and then he said he didn't want to do it the next day because he worked until noon, and then he usually likes to either hang out in Hollywood or go to Venice to the beach and if he chose Venice, he didn't want to have to come back later. DONE.

Next, I scheduled an interview with an actress just to meet with her and see her personality. I already saw her demo reel and was happy so didn't need an actual audition. I asked her to meet me at a Starbucks, but when I got there, it was packed and there was nowhere to sit. I asked her to meet me at another Starbucks 5 minutes up the street because I knew that one would have seating. She said she didn't know where that one was (despite it being 5 minutes east of the one she was gonna meet me at, and I even give her the address and cross street) and asked me to meet her at a different one that was almost 20 minutes west of where I was. Are you really that dumb that I have to go 20 minutes in the opposite direction because you can't go 5 minutes east of where we were originally supposed to meet?

Ugh... I hate the casting process. I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home