Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What you get out of an Audition



IN MY OPINION:
WILLIAM REYNOLDS

WHAT DO I AND OTHERS WANT TO SEE ON AN AUDITION OR REHEARSAL?

When actors come in with confidence and rock the audition, we breathe a sigh of relief knowing that there’s someone for the job. When you come in nervous or desperate we still hope that your work will surprise us. Directors and casting directors NEED actors! We NEED you! We get bummed when you cancel your audition or come in less than prepared because you have the power to turn ouridea or, vision into reality. Let me say it again: Actors have power! Real agents or casting directors can’t do their job without actors.There have been times (and maybe I shouldn’t be saying this) when I’ve been in that casting room and been completely clueless as to what exactly I was looking for, where I couldn’t even answer the question “What do I want to see.” There have also been times when the idea I had in the morning about I wanted was completely upended by an amazing, confident, artistically exciting performance by an actor who showed me something I could never have come up with on my own  And then to top off them being ahead of the curve, they turn out to actually be reliable and focused. Wow! what a blessing. And then there are (unfortunately) those that have everything going in their favor and then somehow screw it up. I've got to work. I can't find a baby sitter. My cars in the shop etc., etc., and a hundred more of these. Guess who we remember? Guess who gets the job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home