Friday, August 4, 2017

'OVERTHINKING CAN KILL YOUR PROGRESS, YOUR TALENT:

IN MY OPINION:
WILLIAM REYNOLDS: 

'OVERTHINKING CAN KILL YOUR PROGRESS, YOUR TALENT:
When I watch my favorite screen actor do their thing up on the big screen, I am in awe of how easy they make it look. I feel the same thing when I see gifted dancers perform—the seemingly unforced, unrehearsed execution of their craft. Sometimes it seems they never had a dance class in their life but were instead born dancing!
Actors see an audition as an entirely different beast. You are on show, being tested. You feel that we are looking at you and thinking, “Prove to us that you can do this part!” But you are your own worst enemy. >>>>> This is an actor’s dilemma. In the pressure cooker world of doing an audition for a role you really truly want, the first thing you must understand is that Casting Directors are there hoping you are brilliant. We want you to deliver your best. And in my opinion, your best is not delivered by micromanaging your character, over-preparing, overthinking the pages and the dialogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home