Monday, November 16, 2015

Winding road

ANYONE THAT'S EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BEING AN ACTOR/MODEL KNOW THAT THERE
IS A LONG AND WINDING ROAD AHEAD OF YOU, BUT AT THE END 'WOW, WOW AGAIN.

Getting started is very often the hardest part. Personally I was somewhat confused or unsure
about the process even though my family were and had been very successful in the business.
So, just to make sure I had something, I studied finance and law. But still I knew that I wanted
to act, and very quickly I found out I wasn't quite good enough.
1. Get prepared.
2. Sign up for a good workshop or scene study class. Not just any old class, a good one.
3. You will, I'm quite certain, unless you are wealthy, need a real job till you get going.
4. Get good photos, VERY GOOD.
5. Don't be too cocky and learn how to audition.
6. Put yourself out there. Do extra work, Featured roles. anything that pays. Go for everything.
7.Stay positive.
8.Try to avoid naysayers
9.Don't listen to too much advice from others that are in the same place you are.
10. Don't give up too soon.

wr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home